Barista - Part Time APPLY NOW
Part time (3 days a week)
Carnival Coffee Roasters is a family run speciality coffee roaster based in Penge, Southeast London.
We are a seeking a part time Barista to join the awesome Carnival team.
You will be working within our roastery – coffee shop and tasting room, working on the brew and espresso bar. You will be banging out exciting espresso-based coffees as well as hand brewing a changing menu of cracking & rare micro lots.
You will love nothing more than to make every coffee taste the best it can be. You will be responsible, punctual, and up for grafting whilst having fun and chatting all things coffee with our customers.
You must love to chat and create a wonderful rapport with everyone that walks through our doors. You are keen to learn more about coffee and get involved in all aspects of the wonderful London coffee scene and all the goings on at Carnival Coffee Roasters.
· Ensuring every coffee is made and presented the best it can be.
· Help with stock checks and ensure the counter and the wholes place is always well stocked and well presented.
· Be a team player and work collaboratively with your fellow team members.
· Operate the till and loyalty scheme.
· Follow and learn the Carnival Coffee Roasters operating manual and ensure all procedures and policies are adhered to daily. As well as ensuring all Health and Safety guidelines are followed.
· Working under pressure, while delivering perfect created coffees and charming chat.
· Follow the close down procedures and clean the espresso machine and grinder daily.
· Creating coffee recipes.
· Dealing with customer queries.
Skills/ personal specification
· An entrepreneurial mindset, thrive working under pressure and working with a growing and ever-changing company.
· Keen interest in coffee.
· Enjoys manual work.
· Task focused and organised.
· Positive attitude.
· Enjoys routine.
· Able to work early shifts (7:30am) and punctual.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to every small detail of making coffee taste amazing.
· An entrepreneurial mindset and thrive working with a growing company.
· Able to work under pressure, while delivering perfect coffees and charming chat.
· Strong planning, time management and organisational skills.
· Dialling coffee in and tasting and testing throughout the day.
· Driven to innovate and come up with better and new ways to do things and be all about creating a wonderful vibe for our customers.
Beneficial but not essential
· Food safety training.
· Coffee qualifications.
· Latte art skills.
· Experience of working in a speciality coffee shop
· Speciality coffee Barista experience.
· Sponsorship for Barista and Latte Art Comps.
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Paid coffee event and festival attendance.
· London Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the Barista role to Jayne@carnivalcoffee.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
P.s the interview process will include an initial phone call and questionnaire. Second stage interview will be a paid morning working the coffee bar. Successful employees will start a short probation period as part of the employment process.